Monday, November 5, 2012

Musing Mondays [1]


MUSING MONDAYS is a weekly event where MizB of Should Be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you can answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week's musing asks:

"What is the most recent book you purchased, or brought home from the local library? What made you pick it? Have you stared reading it, right away, or will you wait for a bit?

My answers: The last books I purchased were "Switched", "Torn" & "Ascend" all of them by Amanda Hocking



I have like a birthday tradition: when my birthday comes, my mom give me some money and I go on a shopping spree in the bookstore next to my home on the same day of my birthday. So, I was looking at all the amazing books and there was "Torn" (which is the second book of the series) and I saw it was written by Amanda Hocking and I though: "Well, I've heard really good things about this author and I've never given her a try..." and then I decided to buy that series, but I couldn't find "Switched" (the first book of the series) anywhere on the bookstore, so I became obsessed about it. I HAD to find it and buy it. So I went to another bookstore and I asked for the trilogy. They did have it, so without further thinking I bought them. I bought other books too, but I was so obsessed with that series that I couldn't wait any longer, so when I came home, I start the first one and I wasn't able to stop until I was done with the last one. I really loved the series, by the way, so the reviews will be up soon.

I would love to hear your thoughts, leave me a link with your musing Monday or your answer on the comment section below. Have a nice week! 


4 comments:

  1. OH this has been on my want to read the series list, your recommendations have it now a little higher! Thanks! LOL (said a LITTLE bit characteristically) ARGH Meme's like this always make my WANT list SO BIG! HAH! I love this tradition, my mom now gives me gift cards to Amazon, she used to take me to the book store when I was younger! We have cool moms!

    Here is my Nusing Mondays post

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great birthday tradition :)
    I've been wanting to read Amanda Hocking's books, I've heard good things. Sunds like you loved this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read them when you get a chance. I had high expectations for them, because Amanda Hocking books are everywhere and everyone seems to love those books, but they live up to my expectations, so you should definitely give them a try. They're not like an option to a Nobel but they will keep you entertained and you would laugh and would feel the need of crying at the same time. They're totally worth it.
      Thanks for checking my blog :)

      Delete
  3. What a great birthday tradition!! I love getting books as gifts, but I'd much rather get money. That way you can get the book you've been really wanting.

    ReplyDelete