Monday, November 12, 2012

Musing Mondays [2]


MUSING MONDAYS is a weekly event where MizB of Should Be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you can answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week's musing asks several question, but you can pick just one, some of them or answer them all, the questions are:

1.- If you had to choose only 3 books to read forever, which ones would you choose? 
2.- Is there a character that you absolutely love but that you cannot get a good mental picture of? 
3.- Make a plea for your favorite book. Make others wanna read it! 
4.- If you could create a soundtrack for a book you’ve read recently, which songs would you use and why? 
5.- Do you read outside your preferred genre? Has your preferred genre changed?
6.- Do you have a favorite book/movie combination?
7.- Name a book that you thought you wouldn’t like much, but you ended up loving.
8.- If you were Book Czar of the world, is there one book you would like to require every kid to read? 

I'll pick the questions 1 & 5.

1.- If you had to choose only 3 books to read forever, which ones would you choose? 
My answer: This is a hard question, because I love reading new books and I wouldn't want to get tired of my favorites ones just by reading them too much. But I think I'll never stop loving:

Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

I think I'll never get tired of the Harry Potter series and since this one is my favorite of all of them, I'd be glad to read it until the end of times.
                                                              The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I loved this book so much! I've read it five times already and I still enjoy every moment of it, just like the first time, so I think this would be a good choice.









Old Magic by Marianne Curley
If you haven't read this one, you're missing something really great! It has everything I could ask for in a book. It is fast-paced, it has romance, magic, time-travel, adventures, it is well-written. I have read it two times, but I would love to read it over and over again.








5.- Do you read outside your preferred genre? Has your preferred genre changed?Do you read outside your preferred genre? Has your preferred genre changed
My answer: I've read so many genres I don't think I could name them all. I almost everything that comes into my hands (even the back of the cereal box). I love to find new genres and try new things, although I have my all-times preferred genres, such as Paranormal Romance and YA. However, my favorites change from time to time. For example, right now I'm really into Dystopian and Sci-Fi books. And before that I would have read anything with vampires on it. A while ago I was really into thrillers like Dan Brown's books. And before that I was in love with chick-lit like Sophie Kinsella's books. When I was younger I loved books about magic and adventures like Harry Potter and Narnia... So, you can say that I change my preferred genre quite often, but that doesn't mean that I like everything. There are certain type of books I've tried but didn't like such as Non-fiction or Christian books.




I would love to hear your thoughts, leave me a link with your Musing Monday or your answers on the comment section below. 
Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment