Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday [1]


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

Top Ten of funny quotes from books I've read


#1 from City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 
Between Clary and Jace

“Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?" 
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked."






#2 from Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
By Shane

“Damn, Claire. Warn a guy before you do a face-plant on the floor next time. I could have looked all heroic and caught you or something."








#3 from Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
Between Frannie and Luc.-

“You speak Italian," she says, unconvinced.
"Si."
"Say something." 
"Sii la mia schiava d'amore," I purr.
Her expression is guarded. "What did you say?"
An amuse smile pulls at my lips. "I'll never tell." Somehow I don't think she'd agree to be my love slave anyway.



#4 from Chosen by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Between Zoey and Grandma Redbird

“That man is such a damn turd monkey."
"Grandma!" I said.
"Oh, Zoeybird, did I call your mother's husband a damn turd monkey out loud?"
"Yes, Grandma, you did."
She looked at me, her dark eyes sparkling. "Good.” 







#5 from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Between Katniss and Peeta

“It's lovely. If only you could frost someone to death."
"Don't be so superior. You can never tell what you will find in the arena. Say it's a gigantic cake-” 







#6 from Ascend by Amanda Hocking
By Loki

“Princess." He smiled up at me, but it was weak. "If i'd known that this is what it would take to get you to hold me, I would've collapsed a long time ago.” 










#7 from Undead & Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson
Between Betsy and Marc


“Oh my God", Marc rhapsodized. "Who is that ?"
"An asshole," I mumbled, turning back to him and picking up my tea. I was so rattled I sloshed some of the hot liquid on my hand, but I didn't feel a thing.
"He's coming over here !" Marc squealed. "Oh my God, oh my God, ohmyGod!"
"Will you get a hold of yourself?" I hissed. "You sound like a girl with a crush. Ah-ha!” 







#8 from Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick 
Between Nora and Patch


“Tell me what's going on here. Why can I hear your voice inside my head and why did you say you came to school for me?"
"I was tired of admiring your legs from a distance.” 









#9 from As You Wish by Jackson Pearce
By Viola


“All I've learned in today's Shakespeare class is: Sometimes you have to fall in love with the wrong person just so you can find the right person. A more useful lesson would've been: Sometimes the right person doesn't love you back. Or sometimes the right person is gay. Or sometimes you just aren't the right person. Thanks for nothing, Shakespeare.” 





#10 from City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Between Jace, Clary and Simon


“Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you’d get dressed up in a nurse’s outfit and give me a sponge bath?" asked Jace.
"It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath."
"As soon as I’m back on my feet, handsome," said Simon.
"I knew we should have left you a rat.” 








Do you have any favorite funny quote? 
What did you do for this Top Ten Tuesday Freebie?
I would love to read it! 
Leave it in the comment section below.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! These did make me laugh :) Love it! And I'm so happy I see someone else that read "As You Wish" :) New follower!

    My TTT: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/11/top-ten-tuesday-fictional-crushes.html

    ReplyDelete