Monday, April 15, 2013

Musing Monday [4]


MUSING MONDAYS is a weekly event where MizB of Should Be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you can answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week's musing asks: 
What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on?

My answer:

The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar. 
Published on March 21st, 2013 by Dial Books for Young Readers.
Premise:
He can grant her wishes, but only she can save his life.
Margo McKenna has a plan for just about everything, from landing the lead in her high school play to getting into a good collage. So when she finds herself in possession of a genie's ring and the chance to make three wishes, she doesn't know what to do. Why should she put her life into someone else's hands?
But Oliver is more than just a genie -he's also a sophomore at Margo's high school, and he's on the run from a murderer. As he and Margo grow closer, she discovers that it will take more than three wishes to save him.
A lot more.

Why do I want this book so bad? Well, I loved the premise, because I'm really into genies since forever and I mean, since I watched Aladdin when I was a kid...   
The thing is... I haven't found so many book with that theme, but the few I've managed to find and read were awesome. Alsom what I really like about this particular book is that, from the premise, you can see that the situation is kind of funny, because the girl doesn't really need the wishes, but the guy/genie does since he's running from a murderer -which I find perfect to inject some mystery to the book- so I think it would be very interesting reading about a genie in need of wishes and a girl being the only one he can trust to ask for help. 







I would love to hear your thoughts.
Leave me a link with your Musing Monday or your answer on the comment section below. 
Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment