Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week is Thanksgiving freebie, so I'm listing the fictional families that I would like to have over for a Thanksgiving dinner. I'm taking "family" in its most broad sense, so I'm including not only biological families but also some of my favorite casts of character that are not necessarily related, but are close friends or that you'd see them spending the holidays together in their fictional universe. Here we go!
1) The Weasleys from Harry Potter: Come on! Who wouldn't? They're like the most amazing family that YA literature has ever seen. Maybe even literature, period. I know they are British and, therefore they wouldn't actually celebrate Thanksgiving but whatever, I'm having them over so they'll have to oblige. I imagine the twins would pull some crazy prank and set something on fire and Mrs. Weasley would go crazy trying to get them to behave while Mr. Weasley would be trying to get me or Harry (because, obviously he's there too) to explain how does the Internet work.
2) The Garrets from My Life Next Door: This is also one of my favorite fictional families. I could picture them so clearly while reading the book that I can totally imagine a really loud and crowded Thanksgiving dinner with them which of course would inevitably spiral into complete chaos. So much fun!
3) The Lightwoods from The Mortal Instruments: This one is kind of especial. I'm assuming that the Lightwoods include at least Alec, Isabelle and Jace and where Jace goes, Clary goes, and where Clary goes Simon goes. On the other hand, if Alec is going to be there, Magnus is too, so I'm expecting every single one of them at my dinner table for a pretty unconventional Thanksgiving.
4) The Delos from Starcrossed: This family is not particularly one of my favorites because I don't really understand them to be honest. But they're a huge family and most of them have some especial ability that I'm sure would make for a fun evening.
5) The Bishops from Heist Society: By this I mean not only Kat, his father and Uncle Eddie but also all the guys in the crew, meaning Gabrielle, the Bagshaws, Simon and of course, Hale. This is more like a family by choice than an actual biological family, but I love them nonetheless. For some reason, even though it probably makes no sense at all, I imagine them plotting their next heist while eating turkey and goofing off. They are such a fun bunch that I would love the opportunity to spend some time with them, especially W. W. Hale the Third.
6) The Cullens from Twilight: I know there are as much haters as there are fans of this one. I'm somewhere in the middle, I guess. I have a soft spot for this saga and its characters because they were the ones who practically got me started on my reading YA fiction. I know they could be better written and for some people the Cullens are just creepy, but for me they represent a certain kind of comfort because I've "known" them for so long and I can picture perfectly the whole scene. Emmett would be challenging anyone to an arm wrestling match and Jasper going on and on about the Civil War, while Alice tries to make sure everyone looks their best. Oh... such fun!
7) The Marchs from Little Women: I absolutely love this family, these ladies are adorable and I'm hoping they would bring Laurie too. I wish I could have them act out one of Jo's plays for me, it would be so much fun!
8) The Raven Cycle Cast: Here I mean freaking everyone. Blue's entire crazy family and Gansey's whole gang. For some reason, I've been feeling very nostalgic about this series and I can't wait for the next book, so I guess having them over for Thanksgiving would be a great way to satisfy my need for more of them, for a while, at least. They're such an eclectic mix that I bet it would be freaking hilarious to have them all together.
9) The Vampire Academy Cast: From our current teenage vampire Queen, to her guardians, Rose and Dimitri, and Adrian and Sydney and Eddie and Jill, I want them all on my table for Thanksgiving. This one has to be one of my most loved fictional casts of all time. I think it would be a blast having them all over for the Holidays, even if they drag out a few strigoi on their way to my place, I bet between all of us, we can take them (?)
10) The Charley Davidson Cast: And last, but not least, I would love to spend Thanksgiving with the hilarious Charley, and her unbelievably sexy husband, with Cookie and Amber, Ubie, Garrett, even the ghosts! What the hell! Everyone's invited! I bet it would be the funniest dinner ever and Charley would manage to get herself into trouble, no doubt, but it would be awesome! Don't you think?
What's on your Top Ten this week? Which fictional family would you like to spend thanksgiving with? Let me know in the comment section below!